Eating clean, unprocessed, simple dishes makes preparing them a pleasure. When you know you are sticking good wholesome food into your mouth and giving your body the nutrient dense food it needs, you can feel good about what you are eating. Lemon Garlic Dressing and Snow peas or snap peas can be a part of many plant-based meals.
Once again the snow peas went straight from the garden to the pan to the table. Snow peas are a good source of vitamins A and C and potassium too. This time of year these and the similar snap peas are readily available at farmer’s markets, and grocery stores. You can even find them in the frozen section when it isn’t the season.
- Juice from two lemons
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- zest from one lemon
- 1/2 tsp herbamare or sea salt
- Snow peas or snap peas
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 1-2 Tbs of olive oil for sauteing
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- In skillet on medium heat toast pinenuts slightly until light brown.
- Add 1 Tbs of olive oil and peas, saute until tender.
Tags: gluten free plant based vegan whole food