Roasted Asparagus? You might be asking why post a recipe for something that is quite simple to do, but what is simple for some is not always something that comes simple to others. Some of us have a natural knack for cooking and baking and it’s just like riding a bike you just go and pick the bike up and take off. Where for other’s cooking doesn’t come so naturally and flying by the seat of their pants doesn’t just happen when they enter the kitchen. So I like to provide recipes and instructions even for the simplest of cooking ventures in the kitchen, and roasting asparagus is one of these.
Roasted asparagus is not only simple but this time of year it is in season and so readily available. I love it, it wasn’t always that way as a child it was slimy to me and would cause me to gag. Is there some vegetable that your kids can’t stand when you put it on the table? This recipe doesn’t turn out slimy. Still semi firm and slightly crunchy. I wish I had this planted it in my garden, but unfortunately I don’t yet, perhaps next year, but I have no problem finding it at my local co-op.
This time of year you might be busy finishing up the last of the school year, running kids here and there. Maybe you are busy planting a garden or who knows what, we all tend to live busy lives and that’s when making dinner simple is important. Simple doesn’t have to mean processed and out of box, or frozen and in a plastic bag. Fresh is best!
Asparagus is another vegetable that its praises are being sung for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. High in vitamin K, A and E, and several minerals, asparagus also is beneficial to the heart, diabetes and is high in fiber and protein. So buy it fresh and make it simple.
- 1 bunch of fresh organic asparagus
- 3 tablespoons Organic avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or herbamare
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Hot oven is a must.
- Trim your asparagus spears by cutting off the bottom two inches of the spears.
- Into large bowl with lid place your asparagus.
- Add oil, place lid on bowl and shake, getting the spears coated in olive oil.
- Spread out on stoneware or parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt or herbamare and black pepper.
- Roast for seven minutes or just until tender. Don't over cook.
Tags: asparagus vegetables