Cacao Date Bites are some little gluten-free nuggets that demand to be added to your snack repertoire. Do any of us ever have enough snack ideas to keep the snack cupboard stocked? I know I could always use more ideas for healthy snacks that are usually needed on a daily basis or on that long road trip. Lately, those road trips for us, were not the fun kind, they were moving trips. Making up a batch of these Cacao Date Bites helped sustain us and kept the stopping for snacks or meals to a minimum. Thankfully we have made the final moving trip and are busy getting settled in and remodeling the ranch house at Meadows End Ranch.
Before we know it the holidays will be upon us and we will be making Pumpkin Cheesecake or Green bean and Butternut Casserole, or any numerous recipes that will satisfy the masses. Is it that way at your gathering, lots of people, many tantalizing dishes that make us go a little over the top on portion control?
Cacao Date Bites might not seem like Thanksgiving food, but hey, I don’t think they will go uneaten. Everyone loves a bit of chocolate goodness now and then and it’s even better, it’s cacao. These bites are not only gluten-free, but grain free, dairy free and refined sugar-free. They are certainly not lacking in flavor, and you can know this snack is healthy and providing you with some added nutrition not just empty calories.
Cacao is a great anti-oxidant, great for fiber, high in minerals and contains healthy fat. Walnuts another healthy fat, also provide you with heart and circulatory benefits. Sunflower seeds high in Vitamin E like walnuts, help satisfy your hunger while providing you with high amount of minerals that benefit your nerves, muscles and blood vessels.
These Cacao Date Bites don’t take all that much effort to make so break out the ingredients and get busy, you can thank me later 🙂
- 2 cups of walnuts or almonds
- 1-2 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 Tablespoons cacao
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 soaked pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- In food processor place the walnuts, coconut oil, cacao, salt and dates. Start with the lower amounts of the coconut oil and dates. Add more coconut oil and dates if mixture is dry.
- Blend until mixed but the nuts still have some chunks to them.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of nut mixture and drop it into bowl with sunflower seeds.
- Roll it around and press seeds into it.
- Roll it into a ball with your hands.
This post was shared on the Homestead Blog Hop
Tags: bites cacao dates gluten free paleo snacks