Cacao Smoothie is my most recent addiction and including raw organic cacao powder in as many recipes as I can has been happening a lot lately. I knew cacao was good for you but didn’t really quite know how good until I started researching it. I mean can I really rationalize having cacao smoothies for breakfast? Well yes I can, and you can too!
Ten reasons why you can justify having a Cacao Smoothie for Breakfast or any meal.
- It is high in antioxidants-David Wolfe states that it is the #1 antioxidant food in the world.
- Helps promote brain health-although this is still being studied here.
- Cacao is super high in minerals
- Cacao is great for its fiber content
- Cacao contains Theobromine which helps to lower blood pressure.
- Cacao contains healthy fat.
- Studies are showing that cacao has the benefit for disrupting the development of cancer.
- Cacao is beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- Cacao also helps in elevating your mood and energy level.
- Cacao can help with weight loss.
If these ten reasons aren’t enough for you to justify adding raw cacao to your smoothie, you can read a great post with even more information on Raw Cacao vs. cocoa here on Nourish My Life.
You get more benefits from adding the cacao to your diet with raw foods, but it’s also still beneficial when adding it into other recipes that are cooked, just not as much as raw. I use it in my Banana Chocolate Muffins and my Grain Free Cacao Almond Butter Granola Bars, a recipe I hope to share soon. Meanwhile enjoy it in this Cacao Smoothie, guaranteed to make you an addict to something that has so many health benefits.
- 2 cups Carrageenan free coconut milk or Coconut Water
- 3-5 dates soaked in 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 2 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Turmeric
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of ice
- Add ingredients to Vitamix in the order listed and blend.
Tags: cacao smoothie vegan