Spaghetti Noodle Pasta Salad really isn’t new to the Salad scene, but I wanted to share with you my own twist on pasta salad. Summer is all about salads and the box of Jovial Gluten Free Spaghetti noodles in my pantry were crying out to be part of the summer salad craze. Jovial Foods are not giving me any compensation for this post, I am just very impressed with their product over any other gluten-free pasta that I have tried. Gluten free pasta hasn’t always been on the top of my list of gluten-free products to cook with, until I tried Jovial pasta products. They’re awesome tasting and pretty close to a replica of gluten laden pasta, so an easy substitute in any pasta dish. Ok enough said about the noodles.
What have you been enjoying doing this summer? Has it been crazy busy for you and full of fun, family, friends and hopefully sunshine?Summer really doesn’t start till the fourth of July in the Pacific Northwest and this year that held true, and it started off like gang busters with some temps up in the 90’s right after the 4th. I kept telling myself not to complain and enjoy the warmth, and heard myself chanting Grow garden Grow!
As I write this I am returning from a trip to Colorado to celebrate my mama’s 75th birthday and heading home to my family and garden and hoping I have my first zucchini of the year ready for picking. I know many of you are thinking, What! You haven’t even picked a zucchini yet? Yep! that’s right folks, that’s how the Pacific Northwest rolls, especially the far west Pacific Northwest. We tend to be on the chilly side more than anything and heat waves aren’t exactly running rampant in our neck of the woods.
However this Spaghetti Noodle Pasta Salad sure makes it feel like summer even if we usually aren’t much over 75 degrees, thus the problems with my garden not growing so well this year, that and my soil issues, but that’s a subject for another blog post.
There are vegetables galore in this salad, broccoli, zucchini, red peppers, green peppers, red onions, artichokes, to name just a few. All the tastes from a summer garden, or your favorite farmer’s market. Seasoned with this tangy Italian basil dressing, this salad is the perfect pairing for some grilled chicken, veggie burgers, or even more grilled vegetables. The noodles a bit unusual, are a good way to reinvent the traditional pasta salad, switch it up a little and make your summer barbecue not just the run of the mill menu. Now get out and enjoy that sunshine! What will you be serving at your next barbecue? Share your menu choices with us in the comments.
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package of Jovial Foods Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1/2 lb. brussel sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 zucchini halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes
- 1 small head cauliflower broken up
- 1 small head broccoli trimmed and broken up
- cremini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup fresh basil julienned
- In vitamix or other blender combine the Dressing ingredients and blend. Set aside.
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package, and rinse in cold water when done.
- Toss cooked noodles with prepped vegetables.
- Toss noodles and vegetables with dressing and refrigerate until ready to serve, allowing flavors to marinate together.
Tags: gluten free pasta salad