Swiss Orange Chocolate Chip Popsicle’s might be a flavor you’ve heard of before, but maybe not. I’ve heard it was a popular flavor at an old ice cream parlor that has since gone out of business. It happens to be my son’s favorite flavor from our local ice cream parlor that specializes in homemade ice cream. This week the man dressed in brown in his big brown truck brought me my new Norpro popsicle mold, don’t you love it when you see that brown truck, always feels like Christmas. Of course I couldn’t wait to try it out, and who needs warm weather to make popsicle’s. Now these couldn’t be just any popsicle, you know juice poured in the mold and frozen. These had to be a creation and unique and one of a kind. Dairy free of course and these actually are vegan too. I mean this was going to be January’s popsicle of the month, so they had to be AMAZING! Enter Swiss Orange Chocolate Chip Popsicles. I’m not a big fan of fruit with my chocolate. Give me fruit or give me chocolate, just not together. However it was close to my son’s birthday and it is his favorite flavor of ice cream so that sounded as good as reason as any to make these Swiss Orange Chocolate Chip Popsicle’s. Do you like to cook or bake and make special dishes for your family? Who needs a reason to make these other than the fact they taste fantastic and hit the sweet spot. The subtlety of the orange melds together with the chocolate and is not over powering. The creaminess of the popsicle blends with the ganache and the essence of orange.
Swiss Orange Chocolate Chip Popsicles are pretty special, they are not your typical popsicle, they are a little fancy. Maybe you have a group of friends coming for dinner that you would like to lavish with a special dessert or you are hosting the extended family this weekend, that’s a good time to do the little extra effort for this exceptional treat. Perhaps the hubby would appreciate these as a Valentine’s day Delicacy. No matter when you choose to make them you won’t regret it.
Just a couple things you might want to do the the day before you make them.
1. put one can of coconut milk into refrigerator to help separate the fat from the liquid.
2. Put cashews into water to soak overnight.
Make these the day before you need them.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 30 minutes to overnight
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, just the fat part-putting this in the refrigerator helps separates the fat-save left over liquid from coconut milk for a smoothie.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cool
- 1 cup of the ganache
- In medium sauce pan warm coconut milk.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, add rest of chocolate chips to sauce pan.
- After chocolate chips melt add orange juice and zest.
- When all is melted remove from heat and let cool.
- In Vitamix or other high powered blender or food processor add cashews and water, blend until smooth.
- Add the remainder of popsicle ingredients, make sure ganache is cool and blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Optional-Add the remaining chocolate chips to popsicles, by putting a teaspoon of chocolate chips into each mold, push down with popsicle stick and freeze.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- If ganache has been put in refrigerator, and is too think, slightly warm it up by putting jar of it into a sauce pan of water on the stove, just until thinned out, not overly warm.
- After popsicles are completely frozen remove from mold, dip into ganache, sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired and place on cookie sheet.
- Refreeze for 10 minutes.
- Eat and Enjoy.
Tags: cashews Chocolate Chips Orange juice popsicles